How To Claim
You can submit Death Claims, Disability Claims, Cancer Care Claims and Critical Illness Claims on our website by following the simple steps provided below:
Come to the claim centre, select intimate claim Button
Choose in the dropdown Request Type - death
Fill the details of insurer, death event, details of doctor who declared death (Doctor -Non mandatory)
Fill the personal and bank details of claimants and upload the documents
Document to be uploaded
- Death certificate issued by Local Body/Municipal Body
- Nominee bank passbook
- Postmortem report
- claim form B
- claim form A
- Policy Document
- Hospital Summary/Hospital records
- Nominee Id Proof(ID Proof /Address proof)
- FIR/Panchanama/Inquest Report and Final Investigation Report
- Upload Signature of claimant
- Copy of driving license if Life Assured was driving the vehicle at the time of accident (applicable if Rider is opted)
- NEFT Mandate form
- Claims form C and E wherever applicable
What is a claim?
A death benefit is a payout to the nominee/beneficiary of a life insurance policy, annuity or pension when the insured or annuitant dies.
What is the average time taken to settle a Claim?
If your documents are complete and we need no further documentation, we settle your death claim within 30 working days. In case the claim requires further investigation, the same will be completed by us within a reasonable time.
What are the documents required for making a claim?
Documents required for making a death claim are:
- Filled-up claim forms
- Certificate of death
- Original Policy document
- Deeds of assignments/ re-assignments (if any)
- Legal evidence of title, if the policy is not assigned or nominated
- Other documents such as hospital certificate, FIR report, post-mortem report etc could be called for, as applicable.